Recipe: Refreshing Summer Sangria
It's going to be a hot one, cool off with this slightly sweet, refreshing drink.
It’s supposed to be hot, hot, hot this weekend, and may people will be having barbeques and picnics with family outside. While the kids are running through the sprinkler or sliding down a Slip and Slide, the adults in your party can chill off with this slightly sweet and refreshing sangria.
If you’d like, you can splash some lemon lime soda or soda water on top of each glass or add 6 oz. of either to your pitcher just before serving.
Even if you’re not having a party this weekend, this sangria is fantastic to sip by the pool or just enjoy on a steamy hot afternoon.
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 peaches, diced
- 3 lemons, sliced into wheels
- 4 limes, sliced into wheels
- 6 oz. light rum
- 1 bottle white wine (I used a Pinot Grigo-Chardonnay)
- 3 oz. Peach schnapps
- 3 oz. Sour apple liqueur
- 6 oz. Lime juice
- 4 oz. Lemon juice
- Make 1 cup simple syrup (1 cup sugar and 1 cup water, heated until the sugar dissolves, then cooled)
- In a 2 or 3 qt. pitcher, combine all fruit and then all the liquids.
- Give a stir and refrigerate until cold (or serve over ice).