To me, the flavors of pumpkin and squash are very reminiscent of fall. This butternut squash ravioli (which you could swap out for pumpkin ravioli) was delicious, easy, light, and had me wanting to go back for more. This definitely has all the flavors of fall!
- 1 lb. butternut squash ravioli
- 1/2 lb. sweet Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs. dried parsley flakes
- 2 Tbs. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ravioli according to package directions
- In a large pan, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth, wine, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer. Add butter and cheese.
- Simmer for 7-8 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add ravioli to the pan and toss to heat through.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to taste.