I'm a sucker for Rice Krispies Treats, and I love the ones from Starbucks with those big chunky marshmallows and the gooey-ness of them. These Rice Krispies treats are almost perfect copy-cats of those chunky treats.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 5 cups mini marshmallows (approximately 1 10-oz bag), separated
- 1/4 cup butter
- Grease a 9"x13" with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies and 1 cup of the mini marshmallows and set aside.
- Place butter in medium mixing bowl and microwave on 50 percent power until melted, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of marshmallows to the bowl and stir.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds until marshmallows are soft, then stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour melted marshmallows over the cereal and marshmallow mixture and stir until the cereal is well coated by the melted marshmallow.
- Press into the baking dish and let cool.