I had been saying for a while that I wanted to make my own garlic bread. The frozen, store bough stuff is OK, but I knew I could do better. Well, I finally made it and learned that it’s incredibly easy to make, even while you’re making dinner. And it’s super yummy.
Even better, the extras are freezable. So I baked off what I knew we were going to eat that night and froze the rest in freezer baggies so we would have garlic bread in the freezer for the next time we wanted it.
If you don’t like cheesy garlic bread, this is fantastic without the shredded mozzarella, as well, just leave that ingredient out.
- 1 (12-inch) Italian loaf bread, sliced into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick margarine, at room temperature
- 1/8 cup dried parsley
- 1/8 cup dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine garlic, margarine, parsley, basil and Parmesan in small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture across one side of each slice of bread.
- Top each slice with a layer of the shredded mozzarella.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 5 minutes, or until bread crisps and cheese is melted.