I love strawberries. My mouth waters when I walk past those sweet, juicy berries at the grocery store. Most of the time, I'll eat strawberries all by themselves, but sometimes I want dessert. That's when my shortcut shortcakes are perfect.
I like tossing my strawberries with a little sugar, but you definitely do not have to.
To make two desserts it take me less than five minutes, and they are delicious.
- 1 butter loaf pound cake
- Approximately 4 strawberries per serving, cleaned and quartered
- Whipped cream (the Reddi-Whip kind is the best, although you can use Cool Whip, or, better yet, make your own)
- Slice pound cake into 1 inch slices.
- Place on slice of pound cake onto a plate.
- Layer whipped cream with strawberries and add next slice of pound cake.
- Again, layer whipped cream and strawberries.