I love the Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna. However, I can only ever find it in the individual size or in the feeds-an-army family size. My solution? Make my own. Not only is it healthier that a frozen dinner, I can control what is in it and how much is left over.
I love me some veggies, so I make sure all my favorites are represented and in abundance, with plenty of cheesy goodness to boot. I’m also a pretty big fan of no boil lasagna noodles – just add them right out of the box into the baking dish and they cook while in the oven. No boiling, then separating (and, inevitably breaking) them.
This recipe makes a good-sized meal for about four adults (or two adults and two very hungry little ones). If you need more, though, its easy to make a bigger dish by using larger heads of broccoli and a bigger pepper and onion and more noodles.
If you don’t have the time or patience to chop all these veggies, I have two solutions: 1) many grocers offer pre-chopped vegetables and fruits in the produce departments, which are perfect for this, or 2) grab their frozen brethren, which will also be pre-chopped for you and last longer if you want to plan your meals out in advance.
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 small green or red pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can condensed broccoli cheese soup
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place broccoli, pepper, carrot and onion in a deep saucepan and cover with water. Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mix soup, milk and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread thin layer of soup mixture on the bottom of an 8x8x2 baking dish, and some of the vegetable mixture. Top with 2 lasagna noodles, ½ the remaining soup mixture, ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, and ½ of the remaining vegetable mixture. Repeat layers. Topping with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 for 35 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.