Broad Axe Tavern is the second-oldest tavern in America, dating all the way back to 1681. A recent renovation successfully melded the old and new, carefully preserving the historic details while adding some modern amenities and additional seating. Broad Axe just reintroduced its baby back ribs, which are a customer favorite, along with the veggie burger. Legend has it that a ghost resides in the downstairs bathroom. The restaurant also offers free Wi-Fi and Sunday brunch.
- Fax: 215-643-6340
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - varies; Sun, 10am - 2pm, 4pm - varies
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp at the entrance.
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1681
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cover charge: No
- Features: Happy hour, Live music, Private parties, Private room
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Bar type: Live Music, Wine bar
- Bar Specialties: Beer, Martinis
- Bar Features: Big-screen TVs
- What's your specialty drink?: Rotating draft beers from local breweries and a wide assortment of bottled beer from around the world.
- Beer Types: Domestic, Imported, Microbrew